[ROVERNET - UK] Racing Rovers

Drew Egginton drew at pitstop.net.au
Thu Oct 13 02:42:02 BST 2005

As far As I know it was the P6B was a private entry in the 1993
recreation of the L to S... my uncle did the same event in a 1968 Holden
Monaro. There was also a white Dutch-registered P5B Saloon and a Brigade
Red 2000TC on the same event. I think the P6 was driven by Freddy
Preston and the P5B was co-driven by someone by the name of Martin-Hurst
who was related to a former director of Rover or something... I'll have
to dig out some photos. A friend of mine, a life member of the local
Rover club here worked on the P6 when it came through Perth.

While the bumpers are ugly, it was probably a smart move to have them on
the car when competing...

Andrew Egginton
WA Rover Owners' Club
Perth, WA (Aust)