[ROVERNET - UK] Clickety Clat

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 31 06:06:54 BST 2005

Steve,
My understanding is that the piston might contact the
circular portion of the gasket surrounding the
cylinder or some other problem may be caused by the
2000 gasket extending into the combustion chamber.

Using a 2000 headgasket for a 2200 conversion is not a
recommended procedure based upon discussions I have
had with the mechanical experts I have consulted as I
started on the conversion process.

I think you should take the head off, check for damage
and install a 2200 head gasket.

Also, select a new drill bit the size of the small
steam holes alongside each cylinder and and expand the
matching holes on the new 2200 headgasket.  The gasket
holes are smaller than they should be for this
conversion.

Eric

Webmaster & Magazine Editor:
The Rover Car Club of Canada -  www.roverclub.ca