[ROVERNET - UK] Fuel Pump woes

JOHN HALL J.HALL11 at COMCAST.NET
Wed Aug 3 16:54:57 BST 2005

All 3 of my 3500S 's have Bendix elec fuel pumps. All mounted below the fuel
tank. The reserve fuel valve output feeds the pump. Never had a problem with
any of them. Be sure to replace the fuel filter every 30,000mi. More often
in dusty conditions. I use glass filters so can see if dirty. The inner
layer of tank was lined with ceramic material. Some times this will chip and
cause the pump to work too hard. Easy to correct. Drain tank and remove in
and out lines to pump and use compressed air to output fitting while running
pump. Only for few seconds as running dry will over heat bearings.