[ROVERNET - UK] Press release from MGR re Loans & China

Stephen Beer stephen at beerinc.com
Fri Apr 8 13:36:11 BST 2005

This is awful.

But I really did not want to see the the Rover / China thing happen.

Why cant the company scale back and make the same good car rather than
constantly strive, with all the other car companies, for growth and
"upgrades".
I'm sure this is too simplistic a wish -- and doesn't save many of the
jobs at stake -- but dignity and the Rover car could be maintained.

Jaguar under Ford may make a more reliable product but has lost most of
its character -- and now there is talk, again, of a Jaguar SUV. The
Taurus grill and styling on the new XK is absolute crap and the new XJ
reminds me of a mid 90s S class. Whatever happened to svelte?

Bentley under Volkswagen is now producing a blacmange that looks like
the love child of a Karmen Ghia and an obese Chevy Monte Carlo.

I do like BMW's "Miss Piggy" Roller.

Rover under China would probably produce something scarier.

Where's Sir Stirling's consortium that tried to keep Rolls Royce
British?

Ranting as usual,
Stephen Beer
Milan, NY