[ROVERNET - UK] 2000TC rebuild disaster averted

Vern Klukas vern at inkspotco.com
Wed Apr 6 00:08:29 BST 2005

You've been lucky Bill, broken upper guides were (are) not unknown,
I've seen 5 or 6 in my days, 2 on my own cars and the balance when I
was working as a mechanic. Always the same, broken at the top bolt.
The good news is the failure doesn't seem to inspire any further
trouble, other than wearing the upper chain out fairly quickly.

Broken lower ones were (are) uncommon, can't say that I've ever seen one.

Yours
Vern