[ROVERNET - UK] Fuel leak update update

Slatskars slatskars at comcast.net
Tue Sep 7 07:28:27 BST 2004

HS type carbs with a brass float use a test bar that is 5/16" in diameter.
For HS type with and early type nylon float and steel needle, the gap
between the lever and face should be between 0.125"  (1/8"0 and 0.187
(3/16")". For the float chamber with the delrin needle (spring loaded) and
all nylon float assembly, the gap should be between 0.062" (1/16") and
0.187" (3/16') with float arm resting on the needle plunger not depressing
it. This type is not adjustable. Float setting is relatively critical, but
it is a coarse adjustment. The fine adjustment is the jet setting - idle
mixture.

Hope this helps. Your answer should be one of the three depending upon which
type of needle and float that you have. This applies to any HS type - size
of the carb doesn't matter.

Slats
Vancouver, WA, USA