[ROVERNET - UK] 2000Tc rebuild

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 31 02:07:11 GMT 2004

Bill,
(Yawn when you feel the need :)

I started my Rover 2000 interest (full-time) in 1988.
I bought a 2000 TC which had been partly (restored).
While I drove that car, I was restoring another 2000
TC with the help of Ruth at All British and a good
friend, Art Baker. Art and Ruth put me onto reboring
the 2000 to 2200 and using 2200 standard pistons.
There was a window of about 6 months when I had both a
stock NADA import 2000 TC AND a modified 2200 standard
TC.

I found that the 2200 accelerated faster than the 2000
but the top speed was about the same.  The accepted
theory is that the 2200 in my configuration delivered
about 9:1 ratio.  By fiddling with the distributor
advance I have been using both 94 and 92 octane as
supplied in Canada.  There is no pinging (pinking to
the UK and Oceanic folk).  It was a good decision and
I'd do it again (Well,...... I did.  Both the 1969 and
the 1970 are 2200).

Eric

=====
Webmaster & Magazine Editor: