[ROVERNET - UK] leaf springs

John Atkin john at atkin4174.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Nov 8 23:17:34 GMT 2004

Hi All, I agree entirely with Graham on this. I had an old Ford Prefect and
the main leaf spring just corroded away and , each time I turned a corner,
the steering was in a different position. Transverse springing meant that if
the main spring broke, nothing was left to hold the front steering and
wheels in position. Had I greased the springs( I found a nipple in the
centre)I'm sure it would not have failed.
best wishes
John