[ROVERNET - UK] Thanks for the help: SU carbs, stuck clutch.

James Dean jaguru at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 5 16:04:55 BST 2004

I would like to know why Rovernet does not have a Classified Section. Every other Classic car site has one. It is  an as important part of any organization'sstructure as a discussion forum or a newsletter. Look at Jaglovers, MG A,B,C, Vintage Triumph, and a hundred other sites.I have been watching recent net discussions and needs.Bent upper rear rods- I have a new set with new bushings. Insulated Federal 3500S carb floatbowls, I have a nice pair.
Things that people have not asked about- A new 3500S powersteering pump, I have it; The spacial odd sized factory clips to hold wide chrome mouldings on Federal 3500S, or later UK P6, I have a bag of 1,000.New rubber- I have had P6 rear decker seals, below rear window manufactured.Upper top P6 waist seals, I have had a kit made...cars;..Rover put every option they had on Federal 3500S, and could only sell 2500; all had automatic transmission, bare bones UK 3500S had that failure prone 4 speed. I have sitting iny warehouse a rustfree Palm Beach Federal 3500S with an SD1 5 speed and a rebuilt Rangerover engine and Holley carb. Don't you think someone in the world would like to know about it and buy it? Why in this computer age, does someonehave to deal with worn bushings, or vaporizing carburetors, or have poprivets on their door, because they think there are no more new parts available in the world??..Someone couldbuy my rare car cheaper than they could do that themselves.... And am I the only one person like this??.. No. There needs to be a forum available separate from the discussion to buy and sell..Am I the only one who feels this way??? What do other members feel about this?? What can be done about it?? James Dean, Ft. Lauderdale-jaguru at bellsouth.net