[ROVERNET - UK] 2000TC rear top links

Vern Klukas vern at inkspotco.com
Fri Jul 2 18:41:29 BST 2004

>Bill
>
>The bushings are press fit and can be a rather tight press fit, at that.  I
>had to use a 35 ton hydraulic press to remove the old bushings and fit new.
>And you will need a cylinder of a diameter that is a loose fit in the top
>link bushing hole as a tool that the press can work against, i.e. something
>to transfer the load from the press to the old bushing.
>
>Tom

Easier when removing the old bushing to burn/chisel the rubber out,
then split the remaining shell and remove it. No need for a press. A
press is ideal, but in a pinch, you can install the bushes by getting
the link really hot and freezing the bushing solid. The thermal
expansion plus a touch of lube on the bush makes them a medium drive
fit under those contitions, but you do have to work fast.

The bushings are not threaded, you're just seeing the marks left by
the bolt that goes through the bush when installed.

Good Luck

Yours
Vern
--
Vern Klukas                             I'm a little . . .
Inkspot Type & Design
vern at inkspotco.com