[ROVERNET - UK] "Clink-Tink"

Alan Gale agale at ihug.com.au
Sat Dec 18 05:24:44 GMT 2004

I have begun to notice a metallic tink/clink noise coming from the front
suspension area when I move the P6 from standstill, particularly if
under a load - like up a hill, or after having come to a strong halt. Is
this the beginning of the dreaded chassis crack/collapse syndrome?
What should I look for underneath?
Have I missed some threads on this on my searches? point me at them
rather than have to type me an essay if you can.

Apart from that, the new engine and waterpump are doing well.  now 300
miles since rebuild, one change of oil later and freeing up nicely.
Tempting to drive it the 900km to Sydney for christmas, but think nine
hours at one rev band could be counterproductive at this stage.

Alan Gale