[ROVERNET - UK] 3500S Questions

peter king peter at king-co.com
Fri Dec 17 15:06:19 GMT 2004

Hi Randy.

I've just replaced the heater valve on my 3500s, and on mine the outlet pipe
leads to the valve, then back to the radiator. I wonder if this is correct,
as the A/C unit has been removed and the fitting leading to the top right
side of the heater unit is not connected. There is a small vacuum line at
the back of the heater valve, and a capillary temperature sensor which
apparently leads to the A/C control unit, although I haven't been able to
confirm that. The replacement unit I found has no fitting for the capillary.
If the valve serves as a thermostat to regulate the temp of the coolant
entering the heater, then it would make some sense that the outlet would
lead to the heater unit.

The mystery is that I get heat (not very strong) with it connected as it is
now, leading me to also wonder what the valve is designed to do?

I look forward to more informed responses than mine...

Peter