[ROVERNET - UK] P4 105S Clutch

Fritz Rauschenberg wfritz at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 6 11:25:33 GMT 2004

HOWEVER, after just reading Ron Morey's post, I must add that his revelation as to the
quality of the new bearings would change things dramatically. Only if you can obtain
bearings of the original quality & specification is it advisable to change bearings now.
An off-spec part can wreak havoc on mating and /or adjacent parts. So make sure you can
replace with equal quality, otherwise use the old if it appears in good condition.
Sometimes, using a hypodermic needle to inject a few drops of oil under the seal can
lengthen the life of a bearing quite a bit, provided the seal isn't damaged. I would
suggest trying to locate an original equipment part the make your decision on your find.
Good hunting!

Fritz Rauschenberg.
Atlanta, GA