[ROVERNET - UK] 2000TC gaskets, tailpipe

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 30 17:54:50 BST 2004

Norm,
If you have to order a manifold from the UK, be
careful where you get it from.  I recently tried to
fit a new mild steel unit but found that after I
secured it with gasket and bolts, I couldn't fit my
twin carb set with heat shield.  I separated the carb
set from the heat shield and tried to refit.  The
shield just wouldn't go.  It turned out that the large
pipe bend that delivers 2 smaller pipes to exhaust
outlets 3 and 4 was constructed wrongly.

I had to cut the heat shield and pop rivet in new
aluminum to satisfy the poor bending job.  Eventually,
I was able to refit my carbs after a day's work.

Explanatory pictures can be found here.  I will
privately tell you who NOT to order a manifold from.

http://www.roverclub.ca/heat_sheild.html

Eric

=====
Webmaster & Magazine Editor: