[ROVERNET - UK] R: Rover p5 3.0 coupè gear parts

Ben Rodgers irishrover1 at sympatico.ca
Tue May 27 14:30:00 BST 2008

Hi Gianluca
               I had problems with my P5 Mk3 4sp with overdrive. The main
problem was the ball part at the bottom of the shift lever being badly worn
and loose. I eventually made one up, not perfect but it did work. While I
was doing this I learned of a chap in New Zealand who had machined new ones
that matched the original part. I no longer remember his name but perhaps
someone else on the net will know who I'm referring to. The most important
and difficult part is lining up the rod-selector that runs forward from the
lever ball to the gear box. Once you have that right everything will work as
it should but it takes a lot of trail and error to get there.
                    regards Ben (irishrover)

FREDERICK  (BEN) RODGERS.CD
Born in Belfast, Northern Ireland,
Author of "lily and me" a great book and a great read .
Order on line at amazon
Visit my web page  www.irishroversbooks.com