[ROVERNET - UK] symptoms of a dropped cylinder liner

Kent Kinard kentkinard at verizon.net
Thu May 22 01:35:40 BST 2008

Hi David and Peter,
I think Peter means "4 litres", since this is what we discussed
previously.  I don't believe his rebuild used top hat liners, but a
dropped liner usually sounds like a bad lifter...tick, tick, tick...
and, unlike bad lifters, only starts being noisy when the engine is
warmed up.

Peter, what transmission did you finally decide to use?  I know we
talked a lot about a trans swap?  I assume you are still using the BW
35.  Did you renew the pilot bush when you re-installed the engine?

Roverly,
Kent K.