[ROVERNET - UK] OT Important re: Rovernet Mailing List

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Mon May 5 21:06:47 BST 2008

Hello,
I had two messages a few days apart from two of our
subscribers noting, first, an unusual failure notice
when a reply was sent to the list.

This morning, another member wrote wondering about
list inactivity for about a week.

I decided to write to the server host adminstrator.  I
generated the same failure notice as the first member
wrote about.   Twenty minutes later, another  test
message went through.

Here's what the admin chap said, "It was an unintended
side effect of me removing the mail configuration for
the base ccdata.com domain. It should be working
again.

I believe my colleague, Rupert, recently contacted you
suggesting moving the mailing list to google groups
might be good.

Regards,
Matt Hoskins"
***************************************

I replied, thanking him for support, noting that I had
not received the email to which he had referred,  and
asking if his organization was getting tired of us.
Perhaps, he'll write tomorrow as it's getting late in
the UK.

I am looking at the software that runs the mailing
list (Mailman) and wondering how difficult it would be
to install and move the list to another location.

Eric
List Manager

Webmaster of The Rover Car Club of Canada
Website:  http://www.roverclub.ca/
Webmaster of a variety of sites from:
http://www.websrus.ca