[ROVERNET - UK] Glen et al

JULIET KEILER lingfield51 at btinternet.com
Sun Mar 30 10:14:42 BST 2008

Couldn't belive it when I logged on this morning....62 emails ALL Rovernet...if nothing else Glen increases traffic. :)

Having had a few run in's over the years with the fella I hope I may be allowed a small two pennyw'th.

First Tames Taylor is not GOD, not only Richard Dawkins but none of us believe in him. :)  (apolgies in advance to any deeply religious netters, my comments are tounge firmly in cheek)

His books all contain mistakes and he is not as good as he thinks he is. My P4 colour scheme (definately original I have the proof) doesn't exist according to his book! Whilst intteresting his books are in no way definitive and adding Dr to his name just confirms my belief that he is only interested in his own self importance.  Dr of what? mistakeology perhaps! he just happened to know the right people and be in the right place/right time.

I actually think BOTH sides are probably right, Glen is quoting how a car should have left the factory Patrick how it arrived in the USA.  If there's one thing I've learn't over the years my perception of how I thought the Rover Co was run (and probabaly was in the early /mid 50's) is nothing as to the reality of 1970's industrial Britain. This is probably why over the years I have graduated away from post 1971 facelift models to earlier P6's and other models. Now if only they hadn't fitted that dam American V8.........;)  ;)

No doubt the A post trims are 'wrong' according to the book and tech stuff but converseley if they were on the car when it arrived this also makes them right.

Hope we can all be friends now and please don't worry about the oil, with the British in charge of the new Terminal 5 at Heathrow you can see a future of thousands of cancelled flights and irate travellers staying at home and not flying cos they know when they get to the airport thats where their holiday will start and finish. Nice to see some of that 70's incompetence still exists.

Me I'm gonna holiday in good 'ol blighty. !!!!   :)

Alan francis (partviking)