[ROVERNET - UK] Rover North America RoverNA.com Additions

Peter Huttemeier peterhut at melbpc.org.au
Tue Mar 25 10:03:45 GMT 2008

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 04:08:53 -0400, you wrote:

>content there that is unique. Finally, most of these photos are thrown
>up there and pretty much put into the public domain when listed at sites
>where you can print a copy through some third-party company. I was going
>to put a bunch of images I have saved over the years into a big photo

I agree, and it is a matter I had to deal with when establishing a
Flickr site in the first place. You know that at some stage the image
will be downloaded. Hopefully for private enjoyment, and as far as
publicising "Rover" this is good.

But if the image will be used again, for someone else's site, then one
would hope, like you say, that some recognition of the original
"owner" would be made.

I used to be paranoid and add to each RCCA pic a little copyright
image, I don't bother any more, and like you generally keep the image
file sizes down by reducing the resolution, but still hopefully making
it a nice pic for the PC.

The images are, after all, there to "share" otherwise I wld not be
doing it.

Now, if only I cld make some money out of the hobby.........

Cheers,

Peter H