[ROVERNET - UK] P6 Vacuum servo ???s

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 17 02:35:18 GMT 2008

The OEM workshop manual gives a good diagram on how
the servo system works.
Yes, you need the air control valve to work.  One
symptom of failure is that the brake pad stay locked
on if the control valve is faulty.  On a twin servo
model, you can isolate which servo by which set of
brakes stay locked.

Out here, we have been able to get the servo parts
replated in a cadmium plated (ersatz) manner while
Ruth has been able to magically supply new control
valve kits (not the valve - don't lose it:-)

Eric

--- phing <phing at videotron.ca> wrote:

> Hi
>  I finally stripped the vacuum servo / slave
> cylinder assembly today .Sods Law was operating in
> overdrive ;this was the one item I
> could have left undisturbed . Everything was in good
> condition BUT :there  seems to be a problem with the
> white  plastic one way
> valve in the vacuum chamber body . This valve sits
> at 10 oclock looking on the back face of the servo
>  The grid surface on  the inside face of the   white
> plastic  valve  was covered with a piece of masking
> tape .Thus ensuring  that
> nothing would flow through the valve in either
> direction . Removing the tape allowed air to flow in
> one direction.
> Questions
> 1] Should the valve be blanked off ?? or did someone
> forget to remove the tape when the valve was fitted
> ??
> 2] Where can I find a Child's Guide to the P6 vacuum
> servo operating system ?? I don't understand how the
> master cylinder , airvalve
> , servo and slave cylinder operate together
> Looking on the bright side I will soon have all the
> parts needed to start re assembly , before Spring  .
>  Cheers
>  patrick

Webmaster of The Rover Car Club of Canada
Website:  http://www.roverclub.ca/
Webmaster of a variety of sites from:
http://www.websrus.ca