[ROVERNET - UK] RSTCA website withdrawn from web...

Glen Wilson rovercar at comcast.net
Wed Mar 12 14:15:11 GMT 2008

Hello,

I am launching a new website called the Rover Automobile Resource Site
for North America. Go to RoverNA.com to tour the new site. RoverNA is
NOT a business and it is NOT a membership organization.

Simultaneous with the launch of the RoverNA site, the RSTCA website has
been withdrawn from the web.

The Rover Saloon Touring Club of America seems to have pretty much run
its course, at this point. We don't have many heavy concentrations of
Rover owners anywhere in the USA, and it is very difficult to maintain a
traditional club organization when the members are rarely able to get
together and socialize. Fortunately for those of us in the USA, we are
able to participate in the Rovernet which serves to bring us together in
a community that is both technically helpful and socially satisfying.
So, the RSTCA will be laid down, at least for the time being. The
RSTCA.com domain will remain available in case some group of Rover
lovers hoping to begin a traditional club in the future sees some value
in continuity.

At this point, individuals with initiative and drive are organizing
Rover events in the USA quite well as independent enterprises such as
the event Dirk Burrowes has planned for late May 2008. Steve Manwell and
John Burkhardt are maintaining a directory of Rover vehicles and their
owners. My Rover "calling" is to maintain a presence on the web that
simply provides some basic information and points new Rover people to
resources they will find helpful, including TARC,  RCCC and the
Rovernet. The website at RoverNA.com will serve this purpose.

My thanks go out to all of the people who have supported the RSTCA with
their hard work or with their presence at RSTCA events over the years. I
look forward to continuing to work with all of you on new Rover projects
in the future. Let's all stay in touch!

Sincerely yours,

Glen Wilson