[ROVERNET - UK] Rover P^ master cylinder master class

phing phing at videotron.ca
Mon Mar 10 20:15:00 GMT 2008

Hi
Thanks to every one who took time to help out with my master cylinder queries
 Is this a fair summary of the situation ?
P6 master cylinders resemble other Girling units with the same casting number and reference numbers
 P6 units may or may not be the same internally as other Girling units .
They may contain [ undocumented ??]Rover specific parts
Minor differences between small parts  may have major consequences
Master cylinder rebuild kits from any source may or may not contain all the parts/ the correct parts  needed to rebuild a Rover unit
Absent a certified Merlin with access to Girling and Rover's cook books , any rebuilt P6 master cylinder from any source  may [
should / must ??? be suspect ?
A new NOS unit is probably the best , if not cheapest way to go
There is no "official list ' of interchangeable Girling master cylinders , so no one can tell me if a NOS E type  Jaguar master
cylinder can be fitted to a P6 .
 Since I don't want to take any chances the safest route is to buy a NOS P6 master cylinder ??
Visa be my friend !!
Cheers
 Patrick
  -