[ROVERNET - UK] used to be SD1 at speed, now Steven ranting about his home town's traffic

Steven Dibdin sdibdin at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 10 01:55:56 GMT 2008

Hi Eric,

I still can't understand why New Yorkers complain about the fraffic here! I
believe the average speed of London traffic is now slower than teh 19th
century! (I'm actaully serious on this one) and that is with Red Ken's
'congestion charge'.

In '95-96 I would commute 14 miles from one side of London to the other. On
a good day it would take 1 hour 30 minutes. The worst? 2 hrs 30 mins. There
was no direct public transport, so in the end I bought a bike. GOt the
commute down to less than hour and could eat as many meat pies as I liked.

Rant over.

Have a good night chaps,

StevenD