[ROVERNET - UK] Death of Ron Jones

Kent Kinard kkinard at att.net
Sat Jul 19 04:08:25 BST 2008

Hi Netters,
Ron Jones passed away several weeks ago.  His daughter called me
offering all his stuff which I have now purchased to help with his
funeral expenses and her wedding.  I have not yet done an inventory,
indeed some of the items in storage have not been seen as of yet due to
legal requirements and the fact that Ron had not paid the bill since he
died.

The P6B is a RHD export model (yes, I have sent Rudiger the numbers)
that is very solid with poor paint.  The story is that the car was
originally exported to Hong Kong.  It is equipped with an Australian
boot mounted A/C unit.  Ron added extra gauges, 3.9 litre engine and
5spd trans.  The car has knock on wire wheels of a type with which I am
unfamiliar (three eared spinner with a safety hook that fits around a
spoke nipple...and of course, it has the Triplex glass roof.  The roof
is the one that Robert Arnold (Warbaby) has on his website.  Car is now
safely stored indoors at Medina.  Dirk says he has spent too much money
this year, so I may keep it.

Ruth will get all the parts that are in boxes (which we have been led to
believe are considerable).  We may be able to get into the storage units
tomorrow.  More after we do so.

Roverly,
Kent K.