[ROVERNET - UK] Pertronix Ignition

Shirley & Barry Lafbery lafbery at telus.net
Mon Jul 14 23:44:14 BST 2008

Hi Ben,
          Rotor arm failer is very common with Pertronix. How ever it is not
the pertonix it is the rotor arm being made in timbucktoo or usually known
as India or China
If you install an old stock Lucas rotor arm your troubles will go away. I
believe Ruth at ABC now carries brand new rotors that are a Lucas copy, I
believe she gets them from the UK This has been a major problem with Jaguar
owners. My friend John has been running one of Ruths new Rotors now for some
time and his problem has gone. He was having rotors fail about every 6-700
miles it got to the point that he could almost time when it would fail by
looking at his mileage.

Barry