[ROVERNET - UK] Loss of power problem again

Gundry, Kenneth KG at dolby.com
Tue Jul 8 16:43:16 BST 2008

Just to confirm that your symptoms seem to agree with mine 30-odd years
ago with an early VW Golf.  The fix was a filler cap with an air-hole,
but before that the engine would die as it seemed randomly, never in the
first 20 or 30 miles, and recover after sitting for a while ... and yes,
having discovered the cause, there was a whoosh when I unscrewed the
cap.

(And by the way, there is a tiny hole in the middle of the filler cap of
my 1925 Rover!)

Ken G, 1925 Rover 16/50 (San Francisco)