[ROVERNET - UK] More queries on P6 brakes

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 26 18:47:08 GMT 2008

Further to repair technique:
I found that there was a metal washer on the bottom of
the metal shaft for the float valve that couldn't be
easily removed.  I used a box cutter to cut off the
old cork and then I cut a vertical slot halfway into
the new cork so I could snap it onto the metal shaft.
I used "JB Weld" to glue the cut cork together. (I
thought that would be brake fluid proof). Hold the
glued parts together with tape or something until it's
dried.

It works a treat to this very day.  :-)

Eric

--- Vern Klukas <vern at inkspotco.com> wrote:

> That's funny.
>
> Yours
> Vern

> >Vern Thanks . These points are not covered in the
> Rover manual[ for
> >factory trained mechanics .]
> >Cheers Patrick ----- Original Message ----- From:
> "Vern Klukas"
> ><vern at inkspotco.com>

Webmaster of The Rover Car Club of Canada
Website:  http://www.roverclub.ca/
Webmaster of a variety of sites from:
http://www.websrus.ca