[ROVERNET - UK] Leaky TC

Netspace vmitps at netspace.net.au
Thu Jan 24 08:00:33 GMT 2008

I have bought thicker gasket material, and I do not cut out the straight
parts between the bolt bulges.
Makes for a better gasket all round.

Check the O ring, it is at the right rear of the block on the same level as
the head gasket - it seals the oil feed to the camshaft.
I have bought a few of these and most thicknesses will do the job!

Also check the triangular plate on the back end of the camshaft is tight,
otherwise you get stacks of oil in the cam cover.

PVS