[ROVERNET - UK] Value of P5 b's

JULIET KEILER lingfield51 at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 15 17:03:01 GMT 2008

I agree Adrian, the cost of restoring a P5 when you include leather, Rostyles, carpets alone runs into many thousands of pounds but I think it applies to any marque that the cost of restoration never seems to be matched by the final value.

Yes P5's are offered for £10,000 + but are they ever sold?

I went to look at a local Ebay car which had a reserve of £2500 on Ebay, the leather was split and cracked, the carpets poor and the rear door wouldn't shut without lifting. The paint was ok from a distance but poor when looked at closely, chrome was rough.

How on earth can it be worth £2500 when a very nice car, not perfect but overall nice and useable can be bought for under £5000 and occassionally under £4000.

I think Ebay does show what people are prepared to offer for a car but bidding i find usually runs out of steam well below £2000 unless the car is clearly exceptional, wether its a fair representation I guess we'll never know but it does show what non-reserve  sellers are asking but agree you cannot be certain what the eventual outcome will be.

alan francis (partviking)