[ROVERNET - UK] Value of P5 b's

JULIET KEILER lingfield51 at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 14 17:30:07 GMT 2008

Cars with the rust removed but slightly scruffy chrome, leather  and
carpets can run in the £4,000-6000 range;  Mmmmm I'm not so sure

 £7000-10000 gets you a
decent restored or well maintained original example with few cosmetic
issues and usually some sort of a service history, Mmm I'm even less sure.

I think the high end prices do get asked for but £4-6000 with scruffy chrome, leather and carpets are, in reality not achievable, even though I accept people do ask. I think here in the UK there is a PERCEPTION a running P5 or P5B with MOT is worth in excess of £2500 but if you check out the prices actually realised on Ebay for such cars in 'scruffy' condition they rarely reach the heady heights a seller asks. If you're prepared to check out all the websites good examples can still be obtained for £3000 and whilst not perfect I would not describe any of the aformentioned parts on these cars as 'scruffy' though I accept they may need some work.

Regards

alan francis (partviking)