[ROVERNET - UK] Went to see the P5B Coupe in Turlock, California...

roland veetwinrider at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 13 23:26:11 GMT 2008

--- Geoff Kirkpatrick <britcarnut at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Rovernetters,
>
> Well, I couldn't resist a P5B Coupe so close to home
> so I went to see it this morning.  My impressions:
  With an
> asking price of $1500, (about 750 pounds at current
> exchange rate) should I be turning up tomorrow with
> cash in hand, or should I be running the other way
> even if the car was free?
>
> All input appreciated -
>
> thanks,
>
> Geoff
Geoff, I'd by pass this car, way too many issues and
costs. It would take lot's of money and time to get
right. It would still be a rhd, if you don't mind,
that would be a non-issue. It would still be a low
valued car to everyone, other than to us on this list
as well. Yet, costs as much as an Austin Healey to
restore, but yet return only a third of the
investment. Of course this isn't why we buy Rovers to
begin with. If you do get it, I wish you all the luck.

      roland
DL650 (totalled)
  Buell Ulysses
  Rover P5