[ROVERNET - UK] Coupe Turlock, CA $1,500

Kent Kinard kentkinard at verizon.net
Sat Jan 12 17:59:37 GMT 2008

Hi Netters,
I just remembered something else about this car.  It may have had it's
VIN altered in order to get it into the US.  Only P5B's manufactured
prior to January 1, 1968, were old enough to avoid certain import
restrictions before the twenty-five year rule went into effect.  When I
talked with the current owner, he originally insisted that it was a
1964, which, of course, it is not.  I believe he was sincere in his
insistence, not being a Rover person.  Even 1967 is too early for this
example as it has the later style transmission shift knob.  Inquire
about the VIN (it may be just fine), but be aware that an illegally
imported car doesn't ever become legal.  My brain is getting old and I
don't remember things the way I should.

Roveretardedly,
Kent K.