[ROVERNET - UK] P6 Rear brakes- a slightly crazy idea.

JULIET KEILER lingfield51 at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 26 09:03:58 GMT 2008

Nathan,
            Many UK cars fitted with Dunlops as standard (Jag, Alvis, etc)  have off the shelf mods with 4 pot calipers available. I should think these could be adapted but how difficult it would be ....who knows. They are usually front conversions but I know Jags have them available for rears. At getting on for £1500 for a full conversion it's an expensive answer.

Perhaps the answer is to retro- fit Dunlops on the rear (screams of horror in the background) which are far easier to work on due to their location at 9 o'clock on the diff rather than 12 o'clock with Grirlings. The handbrake ratchet mechanism is still at 12 o'clock though in theory this should need far less attention than the foot brake.

Or dare I say................... drop the *&%"**^! diff, you know it makes sense. !!!!!    :)  :)

Alan Francis (partviking)