[ROVERNET - UK] 3500s water pump rebuilds

LANCE G LACERTE, LANCE G LA CERTE lacpsyd6 at msn.com
Tue Feb 26 03:06:46 GMT 2008

Peter,

Here may be a much easier and MUCH cheaper solution that worked for me.  TRW
part # for water pumps that fit P6B and SD1 is FP1318---this is the 'short
nose' for a Buick   GMB makes a pump with an even nicer casting than the
TRW.  The GMB #  130-1420.

I used these numbers probably about 8 years ago, but I imagine they are
still good (or can be cross referenced).  I took my water pump in to make
sure that it was a perfect match.  I actually found the GMB model at a local
Checker (probably also at Auto Zone/Pep Boys, etc.) As it turns out the
output shaft on the new pump was about 1/2 inch longer.  I took it to a
local mechanic with my original pump and he shaved off the shaft to match
the original pump length for about $25.   If memory serves me right I paid
under $50 for the GMB pump and it has worked great ever since.

Lance    '70  3500S