[ROVERNET - UK] RE: Final Drive Issues

Aidrian Bridgeman-Sutton smokeandsteam at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 20:29:12 GMT 2008

To reply just hit replay on your mail client  - try to trim the
unnecessary garbage or our beloved leader might growl :-)

I seem to remember the 4 pot cars with a 3.54 final drive give a
little bit over 20mph /1000rpm in 4th so at 3000 rpm in top you should
be doing better than 60 and not 40, unless your clutch is slipping.
That should be obvious so it sounds as if the tacho or your internal
speedometer is a bit out.

Aidrian with an extra "i"
Ramona, CA

>> The rpms on the tacho matched the rpms on the multimeter, hence I
deduced that my rpms were right. That left me knowing with 99%
certainty I was doing 3000rpm in 4th gear while driving along, and
being 98% sure I was only doing 40 something mph instead of 58.5mph.<<