[ROVERNET - UK] SD1 water pump replacement

Gavin.Walker at csiro.au Gavin.Walker at csiro.au
Mon Feb 18 01:59:53 GMT 2008

Hi Guys,
  I've been trying to get my rough series 1 SD1 on the road for the last
few years and every time I get close something seems to break.  This
time it's the water pump (leaking out of the weep hole).  I have a good
P6B pump but of course the pulleys don't line up.  My options include
(AUS dollars)

New pump $240
Scott's recon pump $145 + freight both ways.
Buick pump (US$23 + US$50 freight) $80 + $140 electric drive kit
Davies Craig electric pump $200 plus welding up the old pump and getting
the heater to work.

Probably should just get Scott's to recon it but I've already fiddled
with the old choke light switch to come on at 85C, so I could use it to
drive an electric pump.

Gavin Walker
Canberra, Australia