[ROVERNET - UK] New West Coast US Rover Spotted

Glen Wilson rovercar at comcast.net
Thu Feb 14 08:40:37 GMT 2008

Adrian,

I am surprised that Eric, who (for Pete's sake) lives in Vancouver,
missed this one. The drive train in your car was obviously calibrated
several years ago when the Canadian loonie was only worth sixty-five
good old American cents. By bringing your vehicle south of the border,
you have, in effect, caused a small rip in the space-time continuum to
extend just a few more deadly inches (or centimeters in the case of your
car). It's too bad you didn't check with us before taking this rash
action because it really is hell getting all of that toothpaste back
onto the Canadian toothpaste tube. You may think I'm having you on here,
but you can easily verify that everything I've written is true. Get a
steel tape measurer and carefully measure across the roof of the vehicle
between the drip edges. Write that down and get inside the car. Make
sure the windows are rolled all of the way up and measure (across the
car) from window to window. If I am correct, the inside measurement will
be about twelve inches longer than the outside measurement. Didn't the
car seem surprisingly roomy inside when you got it home? Very
comfortable, right? If I were you, I'd forget about the gauges and
simply marvel at the fact that you own a car that is bigger on the
inside than it is on the outside.

If you want to trade your Mustang for a V8 Rover, I'd suggest contacting
this man:   http://www.rstca.com/members/DavidSheuring3500S/index.html
He has lost the bumpers for this car but it's not as "crummy" as you
might think. In fact, it has custom side exhausts that sound amazingly good.

Adrian, if you leave your car alone, the symptoms you describe may
gradually subside and eventually disappear entirely. Or, if time hangs
heavy on your hands, we'll have your car in pieces in the garage faster
than you can say...well, whatever Beach Brits living in Redondo Beach
say, Dude!

Hope this is helpful.

Glen

;-)