[ROVERNET - UK] price

Brooks restore at nbnet.nb.ca
Mon Apr 7 16:38:09 BST 2008

I think I can answer that question...it's simply a matter of economics and
greed for profit. In a perfect world the prices of most big ticket items
should be close to the same on both sides of the border , however over the
past 2 decades at least the Canadian dollar could not support equal pricing
for obvious economic reasons...now that the Canadian dollar is at par (above
and below depending on the day) the auto makers have tried to ignore this
and did not lower the cost of Canadian automobiles untill public pressure
became too much for them to bear. Importing a vehicle fron the USA is not a
problem however there are a few cars that are not permitted to be sold in
Canada because of regulations , the remainder have to undergo slight
modifications and once that has been completed they are permitted to enter
Canada.