[ROVERNET - UK] price

Brooks restore at nbnet.nb.ca
Mon Apr 7 03:10:34 BST 2008

"
The dollar in the 1970s
Immediately following the government's announcement that it would allow the
Canadian dollar to float, the currency appreciated sharply, rising roughly 5
per cent to about US$0.97. It continued to drift upwards through the autumn
of 1970 and into 1971 to trade in a relatively narrow range between US$0.98
and US$0.99.

The dollar was at par...or so close it was not funny...I recall the
period...