[ROVERNET - UK] price

Glen Wilson rovercar at comcast.net
Mon Apr 7 00:06:21 BST 2008

Brooks wrote:
> I may be able toanswer that as well...The $6,100.00 included
> everything ...that was the final on the road price....I have the
> original bill of sale in my files here somewhere....I suspect that you
> found a price for the car without tax or dealer prep...etc. also I
> know the radio was added by the dealer as well.

Well, if a car in the USA started at $5,400, you might have gotten hit
for $400 for the AC and Sundym glass, $100 for the radio, and maybe $125
for the heated rear window. That would have put it over $6,000 in the
USA without taxes, delivery and miscellaneous expenses. That's an awful
lot of money for a car in those days. It's no wonder they didn't sell
more than 2034 of them over here.

Glen