[ROVERNET - UK] People who buy Rovers

Glen Wilson rovercar at comcast.net
Sun Apr 6 15:06:09 BST 2008

Steven Dibdin wrote:
> Hi Geoff,
>
> Interesting that you mention that it was scientists and engineers who bought P6s in Cali. My car and one other I know of were bought by law enforcement types. Mine by a homacide detective in Protland OR and one other by a DEA type agent in the New York area. I found it that quite interesting considering that the P6 was the car of choice for the Met police in London when I was a child.
>
> Cheers,
>
> StevenD

Also, a lot of college professors who were also into Volvos and medical
doctors. I have a brochure specifically targeting doctors that was
published by Rover and distributed as an insert in some sort of medical
journal. I think that Rover's efforts to market the P6 as a car with
advanced safety features explains why a lot of people who were likely to
buy Volvos also bought Rovers. Between the two brands, the Rover was
certainly more interesting, more stylish, and generally better
appointed. That's not taking anything away from Volvo sedans of the 60's
and 70's as they were specifically intended to be supremely practical
and absolutely reliable. And they were.