[ROVERNET - UK] Adjusting Timing of 2000TC

Netspace vmitps at netspace.net.au
Fri Apr 4 22:16:03 BST 2008

It does.
Try about 3 to 4 BTDC.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adrian McDonald" <adrianmcdon at hotmail.com>
To: <rovernet at lyris.ccdata.com>
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2008 4:34 PM
Subject: [ROVERNET - UK] Adjusting Timing of 2000TC

Hello

I am wondering if it is worth adjusting the timing on my 2000TC. I remember
from my UK days it being 6deg BTDC, but in the US / Canada the cars were set
at 4deg ATDC, like my recently acquired TC. I think this is for emissions
reasons to run on leaner mixtures. I am thinking that this US timing setting
may make it harder to tune the carbs for smooth idling - am I right or
wrong?

Thanks
Adrian
1969 2000TC