[ROVERNET - UK] Re: NADA 2000TC Blue Sail Panel Cars

Geoff Kirkpatrick britcarnut at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 4 19:23:33 BST 2008

Glen and others,

The VIN number on my car is 85900032.  It's titled as a 1968 model.  I bought it from the 90-year old original owner via his son.  He bought it new somewhere in the greater San Francisco area, don't know exactly where.  He had been a nuclear physicist at Lawrence Livermore Laboratory.  That was the kind of person who bought these cars when they were new, at least here in California - engineers and scientists, people who appreciated engineering excellence, wanted to drive something very different from the norm, and could afford to spend Cadillac or Lincoln money on an unusual car.

Rudiger, you probably don't have this car in your database yet...

Geoff

"This is the final test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible service to him."
- William Lyon Phelps

Geoff Kirkpatrick, 382 Riverside Avenue, Ben Lomond, CA 95005, USA