[ROVERNET - UK] Re: NADA 2000TC Blue Sail Panel Cars

Vern Klukas vern at inkspotco.com
Thu Apr 3 18:48:43 BST 2008

>Geoff Kirkpatrick wrote:
>>Hi Glen,
>>
>>Yes, it does look professionally done.  It definitely looks like
>>something that could have come from the factory, whether or not it
>>actually did.
>
>Just painting a blue rectangle on the white car, as Rover did,
>doesn't seem all that professional, does it? Maybe someone repainted
>your bonnet at some point and "improved" upon the Rover approach. No
>one else seems to be reporting one like yours.
>
>The brochure for the NADA 2000TC specifies that pressed steel wheels
>and stainless wheel covers were standard equipment. The Magnum 500s
>(rostyles) and Magstars were optional. So, your wheels are
>consistent with Rover specs for that model.
>
>Glen

I have seen two cars with the blue patches being separate metal. One
was (in hindsight) probably a 1966 factory test car (TC equipment but
it had Dunlop brakes), the other was a 67. Both cars, as I recall,
were sold by a Calgary dealership

I've just bought a 67, a one owner car, that has the blue patches
painted on, red interior and steel wheels.

Yours
Vern