[ROVERNET - UK] Rover Restorations

Glen Wilson rovercar at comcast.net
Wed Apr 2 03:48:17 BST 2008

Bill,

I guess that goes beyond "cost is no object" to "please help me launder
this money."

Eh? Think the Feds would be interested in this story?     ;-)

I guess I'm out of the mainstream, but I've had $3,000-5,000 cars that I
thought were really nice and lots of fun, to say nothing of having
actually been painted, upholstered and assembled by Rover Company
employees. They also had the patina and character that come from being
used.

If I paid someone a huge amount of money to RESTORE a P6 for me, I'd
have them paint the engine compartment black like Rover did and I'd like
nice leather seating surfaces like the cars that came out of the factory
(and I could probably do without those screws holding the seat backs on).

Otherwise, I'd go the RESTOMOD route, slap some flares on it, throw away
the bumpers and add beastly side pipes. That would actually be a lot
more fun.

But if I was going to spend $100K on Rover stuff, I'd start shopping at
the home of Ian Glass and then maybe see if I could track down the car
that raced the Blue Train. They I'd take the change and set up about
twenty hospitals in someplace like Darfur.

Glen