[ROVERNET - UK] Front and rear windscreen

Kent Kinard kentkinard at verizon.net
Tue Apr 1 03:18:27 BST 2008

Hi David,
That has been a long standing question without an adequate answer.
Proper restoration of a Rostyle wheel requires that the rivets be
drilled out and the rim separated from the center, at which point both
pieces can be stripped and replated and then reassembled with the center
properly positioned in the rim...  It would seem possible.  I think it
is done by some hot rodders, but I don't know of anyone who could or
would do it.  I, too, would love to know "who" and "how much."  Good
Rostyles can still be had, but the are becoming rarer.
Magnum 500 wheels, almost identical to 14" Rostyles, though of welded
construction, can still be had new.  Unfortunately, you will need a set
of matching hubs to mount them to a P6.  Magnum 500 style wheels made
from aluminium billets can be had in a variety of rim sizes and widths
(15"x 6" being the smallest) and can be ordered with the 5x5" bolt
patern.  They just aren't close enough for the purist.  And they are
about $400 each...

Roveroundedly,
Kent K.