[ROVERNET - UK] NADA 3500S options, still...

Glen Wilson rovercar at comcast.net
Tue Apr 1 00:25:25 BST 2008

Aidrian Bridgeman-Sutton wrote:
> However leather faced seats are listed as an available option in the
> owners handbook...

Can you point me to where that is, Adrian? My owner's manual doesn't
have a list of options, as far as I can see, but it's 150 pages long.
It's marked "American Specification Edition Part No. 606592"

> At that time Rover had a pretty poor dealer network in the US which
> might mean that options were availble but not widely advertised; even
> in the UK there were many dealers who were not well educated regarding
> what options were availbale.
Well, presumably they had the sales brochure and the price list to work
from. You'd have to be a pretty abysmally poor salesman not to know what
the options were on a car with so few. The factory options are
extra-cost bits of equipment offered by the factory to the customer. If
they aren't offered, they aren't really an option, are they?

Going to the factory and convincing the factory through the generous
application of dollars to custom make a leather interior for you doesn't
really equate to a limited list of options offered to the general public.

I wonder what that leather interior cost, by the way?

Glen