[ROVERNET - UK] Rover 3500s in Massachusetts

peter king peter at king-co.com
Mon Sep 24 23:07:45 BST 2007

Hi all.

I'll sweeten George's deal:

I have a 70 3500s that I was thinking about restoring, but have
decided not to, due to far too many other projects that demand garage
space. It has quite a good body, with the exception of a couple of
spots that need repair: the driver's side floor has a small hole, and
there is a bit of rust on one rocker. Otherwise, this is a very solid
car. I've removed the engine and transmission to begin restoration,
and dismantled the engine for inspection. The cylinders were damaged
by rust due to rodents getting into the open spark plug holes, so
I've decided not to rebuild this block. I am keeping the transmission
as a spare for my 71 3500s. The interior is in excellent shape.

You can see pictures of the car at this link:  http://king-co.com/
redrover/index.htm

Don't be fooled by the rusty looking engine compartment, it's all
very superficial.

So, if anyone is interested in George's engine and transmission (see
below), you can have the rest of the car (mine) for very little
money, and put the two together for a complete car.

Let me know off-line (peter at king-co.com)  if you are interested.

Thanks,

Peter