[ROVERNET - UK] SD1 Lock System

Michael Pellow mp349 at xtra.co.nz
Mon Sep 3 06:43:55 BST 2007

Hi a major problem with all the electrics on SD1's is that they used low
grade AMP connectors.these corrode and stop windows ,interior  lights
,door switches etc from working.
The first action before stripping anything in SD1's is to separate all
the plugs in the wiring loom clean the terminals  with WD40 or CRC
contact cleaner .then fill the socket with light grease or Vaseline to
reduce any further corrosion when connected .This has saved me many
hours of hunting for other causes for electrical problems.
Yes the capacitors charge up to give a single high current pulse through
   the solenoids to operate the locks.The current required would cook
the coils if on for any length of time
Michael Pellow
2 SD1' in fleet