[ROVERNET - UK] Passing Gear

LANCE G LACERTE, LANCE G LA CERTE lacpsyd6 at msn.com
Thu Oct 25 04:53:44 BST 2007

Albert,

I recently rebuilt my '70 3500S with an SD1 block.  I agree with Aidrian,
it's probably just an adjustment of the downshift cable.  I'm able to motor
down the highway at 55 mph, stomp on the gas and give myself a nice whiplash
as the car jumps forward.  I found in adjusting the downshift cable that,
without the appropriate Rover adjustment tool (I think it's a pressure
related device), that you can still make fine adjustments.  It's just a
trial and error thing.  Even small turns of the threaded adjustor can make a
significant difference.

Hope that helps,

Lance La Certe, Denver, CO